Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days

While we had a light dusting of snow last week, yesterday brought our area's first "measurable snow fall," which also cancelled schools yesterday and today (postponing Ari and Alex's parent/teacher conferences, scheduled for today). It was just as well, we suppose, as the kids had woken up with a cough yesterday and it was probably best that we kept away from other children.

The kids were all really excited to put on their snow gear and get outside into the white wonderland, though. We broke out the snowsuits, boots, sled and shovels for some fun times outside:



It's been fun but we are all going a bit stir crazy now and ready to get back to our regular schedule!
In other news, Alex is most certainly well on his way to being 100% potty trained. He hasn't had any accidents since the first day and even napped without a diaper yesterday. This morning Mommy was pleasantly surprised to find that he had woken up after a long night's sleep with a DRY diaper, too. We're so proud of him, and hopeful that we've ordered the last of our Size 5 diapers...until Kira moves up a size, that is!

1 comment:

Claroux said...

Way to go Alex! I just HAD to comment on this post because when the page first loaded I didn't even recognize the photo of Alex. He looks like such a big boy!!!!! It's amazing how your little nuggets have suddenly turned into such big kids! It also makes me sad because I know they are not far ahead of my girls. I know I hated the early months but part of me just doesn't want them to grow up :-(